05 October 2010

WOW Did I Really Make That?

Does that ever happen to you? When you finish a card you look at it and can't believe you created it? hehehe Well that was my thought when I sat back after creating this ...



All the fabulous inspiration out there in blogland must be rubbing off on me!

I totally love how this turned out (if only everything turned out this well lol). I used a sketch from Richelle Fletcher for the ESAD Week 34 Card Challenge, but turned it around to accomodate my rather large circle. I stamped En Francais background in Crumb Cake on Whisper White, and then stamped All A Flutter over the top with versamark and clear embossed it. I sponged Crumb Cake and River Rock ink over the image panel and then cut it out using my Circle Scissor. I added some sponging with Soft Suede to create more depth. This panel was then matted on Early Espresso and Cajun Craze. The image piece was mounted on dimensionals on Crumb Cake, with an Early Espresso layer, on a Cajun Craze card base.

I also punched a leftover piece of the panel with the Curly Label punch to create the sentiment (from Baroque Motifs). The embellishment was created with the branch from the 2Step Bird punch, a Latte (retired) button, and a piece of Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta ribbon. A strip of Satin ribbon and some Early Espresso brads finish it off.

I think it might be a little while before I can bear to part with this one hehe ... and couldn't have done it without all the fabulous stamps and products from Stampin' Up! I still marvel at how easy it is, even for me, to create gorgeous cards ... and I can show you how too. Contact me today to book a workshop or class and then you can WOW your family and friends as well. I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for dropping in,

Inky hugs,
Aly

6 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is absolutely stunning, Aly! You are a clever little chicken! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful details. You definitely need to put this one in your "sample" card collection. I wouldn't be parting with it either! Hugs xxaxx

Nerida said...

Love the embossing and layout... I love the SU products youve used.

Karen said...

Well another stunning card Aly, it is simply gorgeous

Richelle said...

ROFLMAO at your blog title! I totally know that feeling and can understand why you don't want to let this card go too soon. I don't know if my sketches will be regular thing, I was just helping out Tanya and the other ESAD girls this week. Thanks for joining in the sketch and for leaving a comment on my blog too :)

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful! You absolutely should feel proud of this one (don't give it away!!). It is gorgeous, Aly - thanks for sharing!

Leonie said...

Aly its absolutely gorgeous ... it feels good when you make something youre very proud of hey?