09 September 2010

So Many Choices .. So Little Time ..

Hi there,

I really hope your day has been as exciting as mine! I've been eagerly waiting for delivery of my first box of goodies from the new catalogue .. and today it came! Oh My Gosh! What to play with first? It was such a hard decision hehe. After much oooohing and aahhhing (and drooling too lol) I finally decided on a stamp set I've been dying to get.


This card is a copy of one by an American demonstrator, Tina Dyck. I loved the composition of her card, and couldn't wait to recreate it for myself. I adore silhouette images, and this is one of the prettiest ones we have. The card base is the new InColor Concord Crush .. a beautiful rich, deep purple. I've masked three squares with torn post-it notes and sponged Concord Crush, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz (also new InColors). The grass silhouette is stamped directly over the top with Basic Black ink, and the sentiment was also stamped on Basic Black. This card was very quick to create, and is one of the cards you'll see if you attend my Catalogue Launch Open House this coming Saturday (11th).

Another card I will have on display is this one ...



I've used the same silhouette image, but this time I've coloured it with my markers (new lol). The grass and leaves are Old Olive and Always Artichoke, and the flowers are Cherry Cobbler. They look quite pink in this photo, but are really much more red in real life. Unfortunately I haven't received my new cardstock yet, and had to use a piece of Riding Hood Red down the side, but it's a fairly good substitute and co-ordinates much more nicely than appears in the photo. I've used the new Scallop Trim Corner and Scallop Trim Border punch around the Always Artichoke panel, and mounted it onto a Crumb Cake card base. I've stamped the same sentiment over the image using Basic Black ink.

As a final finishing touch, I just HAD to add some tiny pearls from our new Basic Pearl Jewels pack. I have craved these for so long lol ... be warned .. you'll be seeing a lot of them from now on hahaha.

I have a ton of other cards and projects in the works and can't wait to show you. Stay tuned.

Thanks for dropping in,

Inky hugs

Aly

3 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! You are lucky getting your new order BEFORE your catty launch. How did it go? I hope it was a huge success. Love BOTH these cards ... the top one is SUPER CLEVER!!! Lotsa hugs, hunny! Andrea xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Giggle ... me again! Guess what arrived in my mailbox today??? One very soggy damp squished RAK that had been sent to Aly on 3 Sept!!! Darn it ... I put "77" instead of "7" ... and it was returned "Incorrect address". We had a downpour yesterday ... and the mail wasn't collected ... so here it sits ... creating a little puddle on my desk ... and totally unretrievable! I am so disappointed that you didn't get this one! I will try again asap! Hugs Andrea xxx

Denise said...

I adore this card, it's beautiful.
Denise