28 September 2010

A Little Elegance

Hi there,

One of my "new favourite" items from the new catty is the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder. Oh gosh it's beautiful! I've been seeing this on lots of American blogs for quite some time now, and was so excited we were getting it, and I can honestly say it is so much more gorgeous in real life than in pictures. The impression is deep and very crisp, and looks stunning on white cardstock. It's also fabulous on coloured cardstock too, and I plan to play with it a LOT more lol.


I've used Daffodil Delight as my card base, and mounted the embossed panel with no other matting (I like the pop of yellow around the edge). I've also used some other new favourite things - Antique brads, new Satin ribbon, Beautiful Wings embosslits ... and, of course, Pearls!

I've actually tried to keep the embellishments fairly low key, aiming for an elegant, rather than flashy look. Was I successful? The largest butterfly has been cut from vellum cardstock, and I've painted it with Champagne Mist shimmer paint (to die for stuff!!), adding just a few pearls for the body. Two little tiny butterflies were cut from Perfect Plum, and adhered on one side only, so their wing still pops up. I also added a few pearls to some of the circular embossed areas on the card.

This is the first time that I've tried the "scrunchy" ribbon technique .. soo quick and easy to do, and I love how it looks, especially with the Antique Brad on the side. For a step-by-step picture tutorial, visit Sharon Field, who explains it beautifully.

Well, that's it from me today .. I'm off to play with more goodies hehe.

Thanks for dropping in,

Inky hugs,
Aly

3 comments:

Treasure Queen said...

And I feel so honoured because that lovely card is now sitting proudly on my shelf ... it is absolutely even more gorgeous in real life and my daughter said the butterfly is so shimmery it should be on wedding cards!! Thanks Aly!
Jenny

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! So many wonderful NEW SU! products incorporated into this card. I am so totally with you ... this embossing folder IS A MUST!!! And ... you're right ... even nice IRL!!! Definitely elegant ... and far from flashy! Love that little pop of daffodil! Gorgeous, Aly! Hugs xxaxx

Nerida said...

This is such a great card... I think you just talked me into getting that embossing folder, the butterflies, ribbon and shimmer are great accents for this card!