So glad you could visit today. I hope you're ready for the ESAD New Catty Blog Hop!
What is ESAD? ESAD stands for Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators and it is an online group just for Australian and New Zealand Demonstrators for Stampin'Up!
We so love what we do, and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as Demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-hows and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it's needed.
So if you are a Stampin'Up! Demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please click here to join our wonderful group.
I hope you enjoyed seeing the lovely projects made by Vicki Were from Christchurch. Now I'd like to show you a "little something I whipped up" hehe. I had something completely different in mind when I sat down to create something for the blog hop, but as I worked on it, it seemed to take on a life of its own, and took me in a direction I'm not used to lol.
Inspired by a calendar book by Laurie Schmidlin, I decided to make a Birthday List book so I don't lose track of all the birthday cards I need to make. I've used the new Newsprint Designer Series Paper and my favourite set at the moment called Friends Never Fade (can't put this one down lol).
I normally don't "do vintage", but I love how this dsp looks when it's "aged", and how easy it is to achieve a worn, olde worlde look with SU products.
Each page has a pocket made by adhering Newsprint dsp to Very Vanilla cardstock that has been folded in half, and stuck together to form the book. I've added a strip of scalloped Very Vanilla to reinforce the top of the pocket, and all the pieces have been sponged with So Saffron ink.
Each pocket has an insert which was made by stamping one of the images from Friends Never Fade in Real Red ink on Real Red cardstock, and matted on Basic Black. Although the photos don't show it clearly I've sponged all the edges with Real Red too. The calendar was printed out on printer paper, and adhered to the front, and I stamped-off the flower 4 times, before adding it to the page.
The back of each insert has a piece of printer paper adhered to it, so I can record names and dates.
A final close up of the detail on the front. I've used a strip of Newsprint dsp down the spine as well as on the front. See the embossed panel? Isn't it stunning! That's one of the new embossing folders called Vintage Wallpaper. It's just delicious in person, and looks just as good on white or vanilla as it does on coloured cardstock. I've sponged the edges with Real Red. I stamped a Very Vanilla panel with the flower image, sponged the edges of that too and added the Friends Never Fade main image, popped up on dimensionals.
I had so much fun creating this, and I hope you've enjoyed looking at it. Don't forget, to be eligible for the blog candy you need to leave a comment on each blog on the hop (24), and then email Leonie at stamp-a-latte to let her know you've done so. Winners will be announced next Tuesday. If you lose your place on the Hop don't worry ... there's a full list of participants at the end of my post.
Now it's time to hop off to the next stop and see what Juliette Chapman has created for you.
Thanks for dropping in,
- Leonie Schroder - http://www.stamp-a-latte.com
- Keryn Campbell - http://kerynscards.blogspot.com
- Vicki Were - http://www.stampinvickistyle.blogspot.com/
- Aly Adcock - http://www.inkyaly.blogspot.com
- Juliette Chapman - http://juleskraftikrafts.blogspot.com
- Kristine Thompson - http://www.inkspotcreations.typepad.com
- Jo Weedon - http://www.scrapandstampin.blogspot.com
- Jan McAnulty - http://cardcaperswithjan.wordpress.com/
- Karen Southwell http://www.kareniescrafts.blogspot.com
- Kim Conway - http://www.kimconwaycards.blogspot.com
- Jane Norrish - http://janenorrish.com
- Pauline Bennetts - http://www.paulinebennetts.com/stampede
- Gemma Coumbe - http://www.gemmacoumbe.blogspot.com
- Genelle Little - http://www.stampedecards.blogspot.com
- Sharlene Meyer - http://www.magpiecreates.com
- Susan Joyce - http://www.catsinkcorporated.blogspot.com
- Rhonda Statham - http://rhondastatham.typepad.com/
- Monique Fielder - http://stamping-with-moni-q.blogspot.com/
- Andrea Buckland http://creatingcardswithandrea.blogspot.com
- Bev Watt http://stampinovation.blogspot.com
- Claire Mcilhatton http://www.crafty-cow.com/
- Mae Collins - http://maecollins.blogspot.com/
- Charmaine Black - http://www.l-ink-edtopaper.blogspot.com/
- Lynn Powell - http://www.lynnpowell.com.au