19 August 2010

EnchantINK Challenge

A lovely friend and fellow demonstrator, Andrea, is celebrating a huge blogging milestone ... 100,000 hits! That's an awesome achievement. She issued a challenge to use her blog colours and header to create a card, and I thought what better way to honour her achievement, than to participate in the challenge.



I used her colours of Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum (retiring), and So Saffron, and of course lots of Whisper White to really "pop" the colours. The Rich Razzleberry and Pale Plum panels were sponged around the edges with the corresponding inks. The two scalloped panels were wheeled with the Very Vintage wheel in So Saffron, and sponged round the edges with Pale Plum. I stamped my butterfly (All A Flutter) with black Stazon on vellum cardstock, coloured with ink and blender pens, and then fussy cut and adhered on a small piece of dimensional. The central panel uses a piece of So Saffron Patterns DSP, and is also popped up on dimensionals.

I've been hoarding that piece of Hodge Podge Hardware (also retiring) for about a year now hehehe, mainly because it's so large and I couldn't figure out what to do with it! I decided it needed to be a feature on a card, and found a sentiment from Whimsical Words that just fit the bill. It's especially appropriate for this card, as Andrea is well known for her kindness and consideration of others.

I really enjoyed stretching myself on this challenge, and I'm really happy with how the card turned out. Thanks Andrea for issuing the challenge, and HUGE congratulations on your amazing milestone!



Thanks for dropping in,
Inky hugs
Aly

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! I was so sure that I had popped by to say thank you for entering this FANTABULOUS card in my blog challenge. I could have sworn I had done that ... but it appears that there is no comment from me here!? So ... I will correct my oversight ... and tell you what a sensationally beautiful card this is ... seriously!!! I think it is simply gorgeous! And ... I love it to bits!!! I am going to have so much trouble judging this challenge ... I might need to get help from my family! Thanks Aly ... my gorgeous friend ... for taking the time to encourage me with your entry. I was soooooo thrilled to get your entry (my first one!) ... that I nearly wet my pants with excitement! Hugs Andrea xxx
PS Did I make up for being so slack and not posting my thank you sooner??? Giggle!

Karen said...

Another great card, love the use of the hardware.