30 August 2010

It's All About the DSP

Gosh, time's flying by at a great rate of knots and it's almost here ... the release of the new 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalogue!! Just two more days, and then you can see for yourselves all the gorgeousness inside! I've been working frantically on lots of special projects .. and can't wait to show you, although some have to be kept under wraps for now (drat lol).

One of my "secret" projects is for the ESAD New Catty Blog Hop which takes place on Wednesday, 1 September, commencing around 10am. You'll find a link in my sidebar to the blog of the lovely Leonie Schroder who is kicking off the hop. Join me in hopping around, and see all the fabulous new products we've been playing with, and the projects that have been created for you. It'll be a lot of fun and inspiration.

I can show you a couple of things I've been working on ....



This first card uses one of the new Level 2 Hostess sets, called Cute By the Inch .. and it was one I just couldn't resist. It has an OWL in it lol!! This is a great 7-stamp set, and has a super-cute Petal Card XL Punch to match. I've also used a strip of the new Greenhouse Gala designer series paper. To be honest, when I first saw the pictures of this paper, I was not keen at all, and had decided not to order it. I did order it with my pre-order though ... and I'm so glad I did. There are some lovely sheets, highlighting the new Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz colours, and I've used heaps of it already!

Here's another sheet from the pack, this time showcasing Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip. And see that embossed background ... that's a gorgeous new embossing folder called Vintage Wallpaper. It gives a beautiful deep impression when run through the Big Shot, and looks equally wonderful on white, or coloured cardstock.



This next card features another designer series paper called Newsprint ... and another confession haha ... I bought this pack just for the sheet with the music score on it, thinking I'd use that sheet, and nothing else. Weelllll ... ummm...... I Love it ALL!


This card was so quick to make. I used one of the flower images from the new set called Friends Never Fade, a piece of Newsprint dsp, and a strip of crimped cardstock. Add a couple of pearls from the (retired) Pretties Kit ... or better yet our NEW Basic Pearl Jewels, and you're done. Can't wait to get those! I'm sure you'll be seeing more pearls from me soon. You'll also be seeing a lot more of this dsp and colour combination in the not too distant future *wink*.

Back with more excitement very soon!!

Thanks for dropping in.

Inky hugs,
Aly

1 comment:

Monique said...

Aly, these look great, a lovely taste of what's to come on Wednesday!!
Can't wait for the blog hop.