04 July 2010

Pretty 5th Avenue Flowers

I love the versatility of Stampin' Up!'s stamp sets. There are so many possibilities that I might never exhaust them all. A set I reach for time and time again is 5th Avenue Floral. It's wonderful for many different techniques and styles and I don't think I'll ever get tired of using it.


This card is one of my most favourite. I made it shortly after becoming a Demonstrator when I was learning to colour with chalk pastels. I loved the result so much that I've kept the card .. and may never part with it hehe, although my poor photography skills are quite evident in the photo :)  Of course I could always make another one.

I was inspired by this card  by the very talented Leslie Miller. I wanted to try her colouring technique, and cased the design of her card, using all Stampin' Up! products.

The flowers are popped up with dimensionals, and I love the 3D effect they give.


From memory, I think the colours I used were Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral and Regal Rose, and I used a blender pen with Bravo Burgundy chalk to colour the stamens. I also decorated the inside, which I don't always do, but the card needed the stability as the front is rather heavy with all those layers.


Thanks for dropping in. I'd love to hear what you think.

Inky hugs
Aly

Stamps: 5th Avenue Floral, Best Yet
Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral, Walk in the Park DSP (previous Mini)
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Chalk Pastels, Blender Pen Dimensionals, Whisper White grosgrain

3 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Aly!
I noticed a link to your blog on Leonie (N)'s blog ... and thought "oooh ... gotta go check it out!" Congrats on the new blog!!! It has a FAB FEEL ... and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us! Thanks so much for including me in your blog roll!!! I was very flattered to see my blog there! Happy blogging hunny! Hugs Andrea xxxx

Susan said...

Great designs, I have enjoyed my visit. Thank you for letting me visit your page.
Susan
http://susan-livinghealthywithchallenges.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Aly! Just popping by to say hi! This is really pretty. Sorry ... haven't had the time to chat in ESAD ... still trying to catch up on my fav blogs ... and here I am! Hugs XXAXX